Labrida BioClean® is not a regular brush! Chitosan has optimal properties for implant and dental supportive care.
- Bacteriostatic on common periodontal pathogens
Increased patient comfort and thus increased patient compliance
Labrida BioClean® can be used by all dental professionals and due to the reported low pain will increase patient compliance. The need for anesthesia is limited.
Use Labrida BioClean® for increased infection control!
Scientifically documented and used in numerous treatments, Labrida BioClean is designed for both surgical and non-surgical debridement. A safe, gentle and non-aerosol generating instrument
Gentle and painless treatment
Labrida BioClean® offers a gentle and efficient way of maintaining dental implants and teeth. Efficient cleaning of dental implants and teeth prevents disease progression!
Long term dental and implant health? Infection control is key!
Maintenance ensures implant and dental health!
Baseline examinations with X-rays and PPDs
Inform the patient about the importance of maintenance
Set a maintenance plan for the patient, 2-4 times a year
Use Labrida BioClean for maintenance and infection control
Give oral hygiene instructions
Implant and Dental Health!
Labrida BioClean in action!
Labrida BioClean Demonstration Video
Head of the table
The Clinical Challenge
- 70 million implant patients – Globally there are around 100 million dental implants in 70 million patients
- 20 – 40% experience peri-implantitis – 20-40% of these implants patients will experience peri-implantitis 5-10 years after the implants have been installed
- Complex – Established peri-implantitis is very complex and involving to treat
- Costly and difficult – Loss of implants is a dramatic situation for both the patient and the dentist. It is very costly and often difficult, sometimes hopeless, to replace lost implants
- 40% of the grown up population – World wide, about 40% of the grown up population suffers from periodontitis
- The 6th most common disease in the world (WHO) – Periodontitis represents a public health concern
- Tooth loss – May lead to tooth loss and oral debilitation
- Prevention through maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to hinder progression of periodontal disease
The Labrida BioClean® solution
- Regular maintenance treatment 2-4 times/year
- Reduced inflammation – documented in clinical studies
- Extended lifespan of the implant and the affected tooth
- Gentle treatment of implants, teeth and surrounding tissue
- Less pain and complication
- Good clinical efficacy documented in clinical studies
- Safe and easy to use
- A gentle treatment that provides increased patient co-operation and more patients continuing in the recall system
Hussain et al. 2021. Treatment of residual pockets using an oscillating chitosan device versus regular curettes alone. A randomized, feasibility parallel-arm clinical trial.
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt et al. 2018. Department of Periodontology, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, University of Oslo. Treatment of peri‐implant mucositis with a chitosan brush – A pilot randomized clinical trial. (PDF).
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt et al. 2017. International Journal of Implant Dentistry. A novel non surgical method form mild periimplantitis- a multicenter consecutive case series. (PDF).
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt et al. 2013. Paper for EAO 2013 Dublin. Treatment of peri-implant mucositis using a resorbable chitosan brush –a pilot clinical study
Labrida BioClean® – Studies in short