A paradigm shift for dental and implant maintenance
Chitosan has optimal properties for implant and dental supportive care.
The chitosan fibers are:
- Gentle on the implant/tooth surface
Increased patient comfort and compliance
Labrida BioClean® can be used by all dental professionals and due to the reported low pain will increase patient compliance. The need for anesthesia is limited.
Use Labrida BioClean® for increased infection control!
Scientifically documented and used in numerous treatments, Labrida BioClean® is designed for both surgical and non-surgical debridement. A safe, gentle and non-aerosol generating instrument
Gentle and painless treatment
Labrida BioClean® offers a gentle and efficient way of maintaining dental implants and teeth. Efficient cleaning of dental implants and teeth prevents disease progression!
Labrida BioClean® in action!
Labrida BioClean® Demonstration Video
Labrida BioClean in action
The Clinical Challenge
- 70 million implant patients – Globally there are around 100 million dental implants in 70 million patients
- 20 – 40% experience peri-implantitis – 20-40% of these implants patients will experience peri-implantitis 5-10 years after the implants have been installed
- Complex – Established peri-implantitis is very complex and involving to treat
- Costly and difficult – Loss of implants is a dramatic situation for both the patient and the dentist. It is very costly and often difficult, sometimes hopeless, to replace lost implants
- 40% of the grown up population – World wide, about 40% of the grown up population suffers from periodontitis
- The 6th most common disease in the world (WHO) – Periodontitis represents a public health concern
- Tooth loss – May lead to tooth loss and oral debilitation
- Prevention through maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to hinder progression of periodontal disease
The Labrida BioClean® solution
- Regular maintenance treatment 2-4 times/year
- Reduced inflammation – documented in clinical studies
- Extended lifespan of the implant and the affected tooth
- Gentle treatment of implants, teeth and surrounding tissue
- Less pain and complication
- Good clinical efficacy documented in clinical studies
- Safe and easy to use
- A gentle treatment that provides increased patient co-operation and more patients continuing in the recall system
Labrida BioClean® is developed by a well renowned periodontist
About the importance of maintenance and the story behind the brush
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt is a periodontist and completed his specialist training at the University of Minnesota in 2004. He soon realized the importance of maintaining dental implants to avoid the development of peri-implantitis (i.e. inflammation with possible bone loss around the implants).
Back in Oslo, Dr. Wohlfahrt established his private specialist clinic, and continued his research on treatment of peri-implantitis at the University of Oslo. With a focus on maintenance treatment, Wohlfahrt’s dental hygienists soon requested a suitable instrument for this purpose. They found that conventional instruments for treatment of teeth were unsuitable for cleaning implants.
This led to the development of a brush for use by dentists and dental hygienists, adapted for cleaning implants, Labrida BioClean®. Since then, the brush has proven to be efficient in the maintenance of teeth with periodontal disease, as well.
January 25, 2023
Labrida and Caspar Wohlfahrt lecturing
Labrida and Caspar Wohlfahrt lecturing Labrida and Caspar Wohlfahrt (PhD, MS, DDS, Specialist in Periodontology, inventor of Labrida BioClean) have been given lectures in Denmark, France and Turkey...Read more
January 4, 2023
All the Best for the New Year!
All the Best for the New Year! The Labrida Team wishes all of you a Happy and Peaceful New Year! Share PrintRead more
December 5, 2022
Meet us in Jönköping Dec. 8th!
Meet us in Jönköping Dec. 8th! Inbjudan Jönköping 8 dec Straumann Sweden is arranging an event in Jönköping with two clinical lectures by Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt and Dr. Erik Lennartsson,...Read more
October 26, 2022
See you at Swedental!
See you at Swedental! Nowhere else to be during 16th to 18th November, but at Swedental in Gothenburg! Labrida will be present at Straumann’s stand, B07:22, for discussions and product...Read more
October 24, 2022
Labrida Itiniary November 2022
Labrida Itiniary November 2022 November is approaching and we are looking forward to seeing you at 4.- 5.th November – The Peri-implantitis Symposium in Frederiksberg, Denmark 16....Read more
October 24, 2022
Autumn program Implant Health and Periodontitis
Autumn program Implant Health and Periodontitis Follow the link for the Autumn program from Straumann Sweden on Periodontology and Implant...Read more
August 17, 2022
ScSP 2022 – 50th anniversary!
ScSP 2022 – 50th anniversary! Scandinavian Society of Periodontology is arranged at Torshavn, Færøyene, the coming days! Labrida is proud sponsor of the meeting and is wishing all the...Read more
July 4, 2022
Labrida BioClean® – Innovation meets prevention!
Labrida BioClean® – Innovation meets prevention! For effective debridement of teeth and implant surfaces Share PrintRead more
June 29, 2022
Maintenance of dental implants using Labrida BioClean®
Maintenance of dental implants using Labrida BioClean® A case by periodontist Caspar Wohlfahrt, PhD, MS, DDS Maintenance of dental implants Share PrintRead more