A paradigm shift for dental and implant maintenance
Labrida BioClean® is not a regular brush! Chitosan has optimal properties for implant and dental supportive care.
- Bacteriostatic on common periodontal pathogens
Increased patient comfort and compliance
Labrida BioClean® can be used by all dental professionals and due to the reported low pain will increase patient compliance. The need for anesthesia is limited.
Use Labrida BioClean® for increased infection control!
Scientifically documented and used in numerous treatments, Labrida BioClean® is designed for both surgical and non-surgical debridement. A safe, gentle and non-aerosol generating instrument
Gentle and painless treatment
Labrida BioClean® offers a gentle and efficient way of maintaining dental implants and teeth. Efficient cleaning of dental implants and teeth prevents disease progression!
Labrida BioClean® in action!
Labrida BioClean® Demonstration Video
Labrida BioClean in action
The Clinical Challenge
- 70 million implant patients – Globally there are around 100 million dental implants in 70 million patients
- 20 – 40% experience peri-implantitis – 20-40% of these implants patients will experience peri-implantitis 5-10 years after the implants have been installed
- Complex – Established peri-implantitis is very complex and involving to treat
- Costly and difficult – Loss of implants is a dramatic situation for both the patient and the dentist. It is very costly and often difficult, sometimes hopeless, to replace lost implants
- 40% of the grown up population – World wide, about 40% of the grown up population suffers from periodontitis
- The 6th most common disease in the world (WHO) – Periodontitis represents a public health concern
- Tooth loss – May lead to tooth loss and oral debilitation
- Prevention through maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to hinder progression of periodontal disease
The Labrida BioClean® solution
- Regular maintenance treatment 2-4 times/year
- Reduced inflammation – documented in clinical studies
- Extended lifespan of the implant and the affected tooth
- Gentle treatment of implants, teeth and surrounding tissue
- Less pain and complication
- Good clinical efficacy documented in clinical studies
- Safe and easy to use
- A gentle treatment that provides increased patient co-operation and more patients continuing in the recall system
Labrida BioClean® is developed by a well renowned periodontist
About the importance of maintenance and the story behind the brush
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt is a periodontist and completed his specialist training at the University of Minnesota in 2004. He soon realized the importance of maintaining dental implants to avoid the development of peri-implantitis (i.e. inflammation with possible bone loss around the implants).
Back in Oslo, Dr. Wohlfahrt established his private specialist clinic, and continued his research on treatment of peri-implantitis at the University of Oslo. With a focus on maintenance treatment, Wohlfahrt’s dental hygienists soon requested a suitable instrument for this purpose. They found that conventional instruments for treatment of teeth were unsuitable for cleaning implants.
This led to the development of a brush for use by dentists and dental hygienists, adapted for cleaning implants, Labrida BioClean®. Since then, the brush has proven to be efficient in the maintenance of teeth with periodontal disease, as well.
July 4, 2022
Labrida BioClean® – Innovation meets prevention!
Labrida BioClean® – Innovation meets prevention! For effective debridement of teeth and implant surfaces Share PrintRead more
June 29, 2022
Maintenance of dental implants using Labrida BioClean®
Maintenance of dental implants using Labrida BioClean® A case by periodontist Caspar Wohlfahrt, PhD, MS, DDS Maintenance of dental implants Share PrintRead more
June 29, 2022
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – WOW!
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – WOW! Thanks to each and every one of you that paid us a visit during the days at EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen. Asking questions, showing interest in Labrida Bioclean...Read more
June 7, 2022
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – Counting down!
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – Counting down! Don’t miss the chance to visit us at C2-20B and get to try Labrida BioClean on jaw model!We are looking forward to welcoming you! Share...Read more
May 31, 2022
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – Participate in our draw!
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – participate in our draw! We are so much looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen in two weeks time! Come by our booth C2-20B for Labrida BioClean update, and...Read more
May 19, 2022
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – Come and see the Labrida Team
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – participate in our draw! @Europerio10 is next month! Welcome to our booth C2-20B for News and Discussions and Tech Tips and Support!And enter our draw for a prize that...Read more
May 2, 2022
EuroPerio 10 in Copenhagen – we are looking forward to seeing you!
EuroPerio 10 in Copenhagen – we are looking forward to seeing you! We are preparing for EuroPerio 10 in Copenhangen, 15th – 18th of June! It will be great to see you all!Drop by our...Read more
May 2, 2022
A new clinical case on Peri-Implant-Related Intrabony Defects
A new clinical case on Peri-Implant-Related Intrabony Defects A new clinical case from Dr. Erik Regidor and Dr. Alberto Vigon-Ortiz (Bilbao, Spain). The case indicates a good clinical result 6...Read more
April 19, 2022
New on YouTooth: Peri-implantitis case from Dr. Tunkel
New on YouTooth: Peri-implantitis case from Dr. Tunkel A new case that features Straumann Biomaterials and Labrida BioClean used for peri-implantitis treatment, by Dr. Jochen Tunkel (Germany) is now...Read more