A paradigm shift for dental and implant maintenance
Chitosan has optimal properties for implant and dental supportive care.
The chitosan fibers are:
- Gentle on the implant/tooth surface
Increased patient comfort and compliance
Labrida BioClean® can be used by all dental professionals and due to the reported low pain will increase patient compliance. The need for anesthesia is limited.
Use Labrida BioClean® for increased infection control!
Scientifically documented and used in numerous treatments, Labrida BioClean® is designed for both surgical and non-surgical debridement. A safe, gentle and non-aerosol generating instrument
Gentle and painless treatment
Labrida BioClean® offers a gentle and efficient way of maintaining dental implants and teeth. Efficient cleaning of dental implants and teeth prevents disease progression!
Labrida BioClean® in action!
Labrida BioClean® Demonstration Video
Labrida BioClean in action
The Clinical Challenge
- 70 million implant patients – Globally there are around 100 million dental implants in 70 million patients
- 20 – 40% experience peri-implantitis – 20-40% of these implants patients will experience peri-implantitis 5-10 years after the implants have been installed
- Complex – Established peri-implantitis is very complex and involving to treat
- Costly and difficult – Loss of implants is a dramatic situation for both the patient and the dentist. It is very costly and often difficult, sometimes hopeless, to replace lost implants
- 40% of the grown up population – World wide, about 40% of the grown up population suffers from periodontitis
- The 6th most common disease in the world (WHO) – Periodontitis represents a public health concern
- Tooth loss – May lead to tooth loss and oral debilitation
- Prevention through maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to hinder progression of periodontal disease
The Labrida BioClean® solution
- Regular maintenance treatment 2-4 times/year
- Reduced inflammation – documented in clinical studies
- Extended lifespan of the implant and the affected tooth
- Gentle treatment of implants, teeth and surrounding tissue
- Less pain and complication
- Good clinical efficacy documented in clinical studies
- Safe and easy to use
- A gentle treatment that provides increased patient co-operation and more patients continuing in the recall system
Labrida BioClean® is developed by a well renowned periodontist
About the importance of maintenance and the story behind the brush
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt is a periodontist and completed his specialist training at the University of Minnesota in 2004. He soon realized the importance of maintaining dental implants to avoid the development of peri-implantitis (i.e. inflammation with possible bone loss around the implants).
Back in Oslo, Dr. Wohlfahrt established his private specialist clinic, and continued his research on treatment of peri-implantitis at the University of Oslo. With a focus on maintenance treatment, Wohlfahrt’s dental hygienists soon requested a suitable instrument for this purpose. They found that conventional instruments for treatment of teeth were unsuitable for cleaning implants.
This led to the development of a brush for use by dentists and dental hygienists, adapted for cleaning implants, Labrida BioClean®. Since then, the brush has proven to be efficient in the maintenance of teeth with periodontal disease, as well.
December 6, 2023
Webinars on Site!
Webinars on Site! Labrida has given several “Webinars on Site” this year! That is, we are presenting the Labrida BioClean maintenance concept on TEAMS to clinicians working at a dental...Read more
October 31, 2023
Labrida BioClean® at Nordental!
Labrida BioClean® at Nordental! Labrida BioClean is available at Nordental through our distributor Technomedics! Labrida’s representative will be present on Friday. ...Read more
October 13, 2023
Labrida BioClean® – The Power of Maintenance! Contributing to long-term success!
Labrida BioClean® – The Power of Maintenance! Contributing to long-term success! Labrida BioClean® in action.For effective debridement of teeth and implant surfaces! Contributing to...Read more
September 7, 2023
Next Up – EAO in Berlin!
Next Up – EAO in Berlin! Next Up – EAO in Berlin! We will be present at Straumann’s booth (F35), to discuss and support you on and talk about and update you and highlight the...Read more
September 5, 2023
The ITI Nordic Congress – A great meeting arena!
The ITI Nordic Congress – A great meeting arena! ITI Nordic Congress – a success! Seamlessly arranged with high quality lecturers, hot topics and a great atmosphere! And fruitful...Read more
August 21, 2023
Implant Health and the Dental Hygienist – A strong Team! Hope to see you!
Implant Health and the Dental Hygienist – A strong Team! Oris Dental Academy is arranging an open course focusing on Implant Health and the important role of the Dental Hygienist. The...Read more
August 16, 2023
We’re at ITI in Copenhagen!
We’re at ITI in Copenhagen! https://events.iti.org/congressnordic/Home Come and visit us at Straumann’s booth! Loking forward to seeing you! Share PrintRead more
August 9, 2023
Labrida BioClean®- Periodontitis Discovery Package
Labrida BioClean®- Periodontitis Discovery Package LBC_EMD_Discovery Package Click on the link above for a short presentation of Labrida BioClean® for maintenance treatment of teeth with...Read more
August 2, 2023
Innovations in the surgical reconstructive treatment of peri-implant-related intrabony defects
Innovations in the surgical reconstructive treatment of peri-implant-related intrabony defects “The objective of the clinical case below is to describe the surgical approach of a...Read more