A paradigm shift for dental and implant maintenance
Labrida BioClean® is not a regular brush! Chitosan has optimal properties for implant and dental supportive care.
- Bacteriostatic on common periodontal pathogens
Increased patient comfort and compliance
Labrida BioClean® can be used by all dental professionals and due to the reported low pain will increase patient compliance. The need for anesthesia is limited.
Use Labrida BioClean® for increased infection control!
Scientifically documented and used in numerous treatments, Labrida BioClean® is designed for both surgical and non-surgical debridement. A safe, gentle and non-aerosol generating instrument
Gentle and painless treatment
Labrida BioClean® offers a gentle and efficient way of maintaining dental implants and teeth. Efficient cleaning of dental implants and teeth prevents disease progression!
Labrida BioClean® in action!
Labrida BioClean® Demonstration Video
Labrida BioClean in action
The Clinical Challenge
- 70 million implant patients – Globally there are around 100 million dental implants in 70 million patients
- 20 – 40% experience peri-implantitis – 20-40% of these implants patients will experience peri-implantitis 5-10 years after the implants have been installed
- Complex – Established peri-implantitis is very complex and involving to treat
- Costly and difficult – Loss of implants is a dramatic situation for both the patient and the dentist. It is very costly and often difficult, sometimes hopeless, to replace lost implants
- 40% of the grown up population – World wide, about 40% of the grown up population suffers from periodontitis
- The 6th most common disease in the world (WHO) – Periodontitis represents a public health concern
- Tooth loss – May lead to tooth loss and oral debilitation
- Prevention through maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to hinder progression of periodontal disease
The Labrida BioClean® solution
- Regular maintenance treatment 2-4 times/year
- Reduced inflammation – documented in clinical studies
- Extended lifespan of the implant and the affected tooth
- Gentle treatment of implants, teeth and surrounding tissue
- Less pain and complication
- Good clinical efficacy documented in clinical studies
- Safe and easy to use
- A gentle treatment that provides increased patient co-operation and more patients continuing in the recall system
Labrida BioClean® is developed by a well renowned periodontist
About the importance of maintenance and the story behind the brush
Dr. Caspar Wohlfahrt is a periodontist and completed his specialist training at the University of Minnesota in 2004. He soon realized the importance of maintaining dental implants to avoid the development of peri-implantitis (i.e. inflammation with possible bone loss around the implants).
Back in Oslo, Dr. Wohlfahrt established his private specialist clinic, and continued his research on treatment of peri-implantitis at the University of Oslo. With a focus on maintenance treatment, Wohlfahrt’s dental hygienists soon requested a suitable instrument for this purpose. They found that conventional instruments for treatment of teeth were unsuitable for cleaning implants.
This led to the development of a brush for use by dentists and dental hygienists, adapted for cleaning implants, Labrida BioClean®. Since then, the brush has proven to be efficient in the maintenance of teeth with periodontal disease, as well.
May 19, 2022
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – participate in our draw!
@EuroPerio10 in Copenhagen – participate in our draw! @Europerio10 is next month! Welcome to our booth C2-20B for News and Discussions and Tech Tips and Support!And enter our draw for a prize...Read more
May 2, 2022
EuroPerio 10 in Copenhagen – we are looking forward to seeing you!
EuroPerio 10 in Copenhagen – we are looking forward to seeing you! We are preparing for EuroPerio 10 in Copenhangen, 15th – 18th of June! It will e great to see you all!Drop by our stand...Read more
May 2, 2022
A new clinical case on Peri-Implant-Related Intrabony Defects
A new clinical case on Peri-Implant-Related Intrabony Defects A new clinical case from Dr. Erik Regidor and Dr. Alberto Vigon-Ortiz (Bilbao, Spain). The case indicates a good clinical result 6...Read more
April 19, 2022
New on YouTooth: Peri-implantitis case from Dr. Tunkel
New on YouTooth: Peri-implantitis case from Dr. Tunkel A new case that features Straumann Biomaterials and Labrida BioClean used for peri-implantitis treatment, by Dr. Jochen Tunkel (Germany) is now...Read more
April 8, 2022
ITI lecture with Caspar Wohlfahrt
ITI lecture with Caspar Wohlfahrt Make sure to put a place holder in your agenda! Wednesday May 11 at 18:00 at “Søsterhjemmet” in Porsgrunn. Caspar Wohlfahrt will give a lecture on...Read more
March 30, 2022
SFPIO in St. Malo
SFPIO in St. Malo Visiting SFPIO in St. Malo, supporting Straumann France at the booth. Caspar Wohlfahrt gave a lecture on “Peri-implantitis treatment – long term results”. A...Read more
March 22, 2022
Senjahopen – where the chitosan “originates”
Senjahopen – where the chitosan “originates” Beautiful Senjahopen is the place where the chitin for Labrida’s chitosan fibers is produced. The chitin is further developed...Read more
February 16, 2022
Labrida welcomes you to EuroPerio 2022
Labrida welcomes you to EuroPerio 2022 Finally! We are looking forward to seeing you all in Copenhagen in June. Labrida will be present with news and product updates and demonstrations and mini-...Read more
November 24, 2021
Labrida BioClean makes a difference! A randomized clinical trial using a chitosan device versus regular curettes.
Labrida BioClean makes a difference! A randomized clinical trial using a chitosan device versus regular curettes. Treatment of residual pockets using an oscillating chitosan device versus regular...Read more